|The network router has an error that prevents the system from working properly.
||Energy Control System is based on standard network technologies that should be compatible with all routers. We do our best to ensure
that the system runs flawlessly anywhere. However, we have experienced that some network routers have issues that prevent the system
from working properly:
To work around such problems, combined modems and network routers can be set to "bridge mode". Then another network router can
be connected to the first one to better provide the wired and wireless networks.
- ZyXEL P2602: Does not work at all. Some customers have received a new router from their Internet Provider
(ISP) after explaining the problem to their customer support.
|You are using a version of the app with a known issue.
||Please make sure that you have updated your app to the newest available version, to fix some known issues. Your app can be updated
in Google Play (for Android) or Apple App Store (for iOS – iPhone/iPad).
|The app has not been connected to the HUB via the local network (LAN) after upgrading to the latest version.
||When the app and the HUB have been upgraded to a version that supports control via Internet, each app must first be connected on the
local network to exchange encryption keys with the HUB.
Control via the Internet only works after you have started the app on the local network at least once after the upgrade.
|The HUB is not updated to the latest version
||Control via the Internet requires that the HUB is running software version 66 or higher. You can check this in the app under Menu >
Settings > HUB info. The HUB has an automatic update function. If your HUB is not automatically updated, please check that the
HUB is connected to a network with a good Internet connection. See also the troubleshooting section on "HUB is not updated automatically"
|The app is not updated to the latest version
||Control via the Internet requires that Energy Control System app is running software version 3 or higher. You can check this in the
app under Menu > Settings > App info. If you cannot find this information in the app, this means you have an older version.
Please go to the AppStore (iPhone/iPad) or Google Play (for Android) to update the app.
|Control via Internet is turned off in the app settings
||Control via Internet is enabled by default, but can be turned off in the app under Menu > Settings. Start the app while connected
to your local network (LAN) and make sure the checkbox "Allow control via Internet" is checked.
|The app has no Internet connection
||Check that your mobile/tablet device has a working Internet connection. This can for example be checked by loading a website on your
|The HUB has no Internet connection
||Please make sure the HUB is connected to a network that has a normal Internet connection. The HUB cannot be controlled via the Internet
if it is connected to a local network (LAN) that is isolated from the Internet.
- The HUB has a green light showing the current status of the HUB:
- Constant green light: Fully connected to local network, Nobo Update Server and Nobo Proxy Server. Nobo Update Server is used
for automatically updating the HUB. Nobo Proxy Server enables control via internet.
- 1 x blink: Not connected to a network.
- 2 x blink: Connected to local network, but not connected to Nobo Update Server or Nobo Proxy Server.
- 3 x blink: Connected to local network and connected to Nobo Update Server, but not Nobo Proxy Server.
- 4 x blink: Connected to local network and connected to Nobo Proxy Server, but not Nobo Update Server.
- Continuous blinking for around 45 seconds: Automatic software update in progress.
- No light: The HUB has no power.
|The HUB is connected to the Internet behind unusually strict network firewalls
||Common firewall setups in network routers intended for private home use need no modifications from default settings. However, if you
have a special/advanced network setup (e.g. within a company) then you must consider the following: The network must allow the
HUB outgoing TCP traffic on port 27778 to be controlled via the Internet.
|The app is connected to the Internet behind unusually strict network firewalls
||Common cellular network connections (2G/3G/4G) and conventional firewall setup in network routers intended for private homes need no
modifications from default settings. However, if you have a special/advanced network setup (e.g. within a company) then you must
consider the following: The network must allow the devices using Energy Control app outgoing TCP traffic on ports from 27790 through
27799 to control via the Internet.
||Please check if the system works using a different mobile/tablet if you have the opportunity to do so. If possible, you can also try
connecting the HUB to another network, to see if it works there. This can help determine the cause of the problem.If you still
cannot make control via Internet work properly, please contact your local reseller or Glen Dimplex New Zealand support and have
the following information ready:
Glen Dimplex New Zealand support can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 274 8265.
- The HUB serial number/ID (available in the app under Menu > Settings, 12 digits, for example "102000123123")
- The HUB software version (available in the app under Menu > Settings, for example "89")
- Energy Control System Application software version (available in the app under Menu > Preferences, for example. "3.0.5087.13040")
- Name and model of the network router your HUB is connected to (for example. "DLink DIR-655"), and any information about special
network setup if any (e.g. separate/advanced firewalls or firewall settings, any web proxies etc.)